Put simply, taking a flexible approach to work is good for everyone. By helping you get the balance right at home, we can expect the best from you at work.
We will help you find the hours that work best for you, and for our business. If your circumstances change, we may be able to help you vary your normal working pattern. Of course, this is easier in some parts of the business than others and we’ll always do our best to listen and respond positively.
Holiday pay scheme
If you have child care responsibilities for children aged 4 - 15 (or up to 18 for those with disabilities) we can contribute 60% of the cost for each child to attend a holiday play scheme while you work.
If you have a child up to 15 years of age (or 16 if registered disabled) you can choose to receive up to £243 a month of your salary as childcare vouchers, free of National Insurance and tax.
Both you and Highways England will pay in contributions to your pension. You’ll benefit from 20% tax relief on your personal contributions.
Transport related benefits
We offer a wide range of benefits to make getting to work easier or healthier. These range from season ticket loans (and Oyster Card credit loans in London) to our Cycle to Work scheme, which offers big savings on the cost of a new bike and safety equipment. Pay for your bike through salary sacrifice and you won’t just spread the payments, you’ll also save on tax and NI contributions.
We offer a wide range of discounts and offers with over 100 different retailers. These include:
- Up to 40% off cinema tickets
- Discounted reloadable payment cards
- Up to 10% off tailor made or package holidays
- Save up to 15% off high street shopping, hotels, restaurants, health & beauty and activity days with exclusive vouchers
Health and wellbeing benefits
We are committed to promoting good health for all because your wellbeing matters to us. Here’s how we help to make a difference:
- Health Club membership - you can save money at over 2,900 gyms with discounted membership and a guest pass, so you can check out your club before you join
- Employee Assistance programme - you can access confidential professional support, including counselling, on matters including alcohol and drug misuse; anxiety, stress and depression; bereavement; child and elder care; debt and consumer issues; harassment and conflict; health; organisational change; trauma
- Occupational Health service - your manager can access support for you with a range of physical and mental health issues, with services ranging from ergonomic workplace assessments to physiotherapy and counselling